turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrayp51

Will my refund be delayed if I put wrong address down even though it's direct deposit?

I moved at the end of 2020. I did a change of address to my new residence. If the IRS didn't receive the information, could that hold up my refund, even though it's direct deposit?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will my refund be delayed if I put wrong address down even though it's direct deposit?

If your banking information is correct, it should not hold up your deposit.   If you entered wrong banking information and an incorrect address then you will have a problem for sure.  Make sure you have put in a mail forwarding request with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If your banking information is correct, it should not hold up your deposit.   If you entered wrong banking information and an incorrect address then you will have a problem for sure.  Make sure you have put in a mail forwarding request with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
mrayp51

Banking info correct. Received State refund 3/17. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies