Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

layami

Why haven’t I received my return it was received by the irs on the 13th of February

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
joeburrell02
Returning Member

Why haven’t I received my return it was received by the irs on the 13th of February

I’m in the same boat. The IRS probably flagged your return for something. So instead of automatically processing, it was kicked into a pile for review by an actual person. Literally one year, my return was flagged because my address changed. And because the IRS is still using Covid as an excuse not to return to work....while most of America has had to return to work....and they were already crappy before the pandemic.....don’t expect a return until end of the year. People that had their returns flagged last year are just getting their refunds

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Millions of tax payers are still waiting for their taxes to be processed by the IRS even though it's over 21 days. The IRS doesn't share your information with us so we can't tell you why your tax return is taking longer than 21 days to process. You could try contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 but expect long delays.

Note: Per IRS, they have around 12 million tax returns that have been caught in a processing backlog created by the pandemic, which shut down the IRS for a time. Americans should see their refunds in the coming months. "We would hope to be through this backlog by the summer," said IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig.

Other reasons some returns take longer to process are the following: 

• Perhaps you had a refund offset.
  • Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general
  • The IRS will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

Keep checking the IRS Where's My Refund page to see if your refund status has been updated

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies