turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Dfarley43

Why does Where’s my refund status tell me my information does not match?

Was my tax excepted by the IRS

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, the IRS is experiencing major delays; you may contact them directly if you desire; contact details can be found here @bryan46041.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my tax return on 03/16/21 and it was Accepted, I checked the Get My Refund app everyday since and on Saturday 03/27/21 my status changed to Approved, with my refund direct deposit date being on 03/31/21... So, this morning I tried checking the Get My Refund app and it told me that my information might be incorrect, which it was not incorrect as I have tried several times throughout the day today and it keeps telling me that my information is incorrect... Any reason as to why I am getting this message?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

The Get My Refund app may be down or possibly the traffic is high and causing issues. I would continue to check back and try again. You may also try checking on the IRS Where's My Refund? site. Also, if the IRS is showing a direct deposit date of 3/31/21, it may take up to 5 business days to post to your account.

@creekmore23

54Yvette

Why I keep getting a error message on my stimulus check website 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the link below for more information from the IRS on your error message.

FAQs for Stimulus payments

@54Yvette

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

None of these pros know what’s going on trust me ! Mine what bars on wmr then changed to still processing with tt152 now says info doesn’t match so it means a lot of diff stuff

Hello I had been able to check the irs refund tool prior and it stated my return was accepted. This morning however I tried to log in using the same information as before and it said that info doesn't match. My turbotax is saying it was accepted as well. Can you tell me what's going on ?

Same thing happen to me 2 days ago ,first it said password incorrect when it’s impossible I use iPhone facescan and been working since feb 24. Then it said  I have no account   I called them and i was told wait 24 hours to reset that 15 minutes it states is wrong it’s 24 hours lock out  today I can log on tho 

The WMR site can be erratic and unreliable at times, especially if it is overloaded with inquiries. Check again tomorrow.

Chadfu79

Did you get into the status if so how did you get in. I know my information is right but still can't get it done. 

@ Chadfu79 wrote:

Did you get into the status if so how did you get in. I know my information is right but still can't get it done. 

First, double-check that your efiled return was indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.

If that shows it was accepted, here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, although the tool has been erratic at times this year, and can be inconsistent as a return moves through various stages of processing, such as any manual processing.

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Teamrosey

Just wondering if you ever received your refund or info about your return. I’m in the same boat right now:(

I filed electronically back in February and until this week, my status has been "still processing".  All of a sudden this week they are saying they have no record and i may have entered the wrong information.  The return i filed on paper and mailed in at the same time for the previous year through Taxact is already getting refunded to me this next week. Whats goi

lexy266

I just had to wait for it to update my information was right but the total I was getting back was wrong which is why it took so long 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies