turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did TurboTax charge my account?

My checking account has now over-drafted because of the $80.00 fee being charged for filing my taxes. I opted-in to have the fee deducted from my tax return and NOT from my checking account. Also, I filed my taxes in January so why is this JUST NOW being charged and to top it off— right in the middle of this COVID-19 pandemic? It’s bad enough that my family and I are already financially affected and struggling from that alone so this charge is definitely not helping us at all!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you opted into the refund processing service, you agreed if your refund had not been sent within 36 days after the expected date, the fees would be deducted from your account. You should have received several emails prior to the account being charged. Please click here to learn more. 

For any additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I check my emails daily. I have not received any emails about my account getting charged. Just went back and double-checked too. Both in inbox and in spam— there was nothing. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can contact customer service.

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TM002

Same happened to me company me there’s no reason to charge customers fees through this pandemic there’s a fee at filing already and you take from loyal customers who have yet to receive a tax refund. I need straight answers and to be contacted do not link a contact number how you located bank accounts locate your members this is insane and greedy!

Why did you charge me forty dollars when you already were paid to file my tax return 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies