Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did i receive a check from Green Dot Bank

After I sent my return i got a check from green dot bank saying "we were unable to complete a deposit of  your 24 tax refund using the designated account information." and as a result they sent the check. This seems like a scam
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

That should be your federal refund minus the Turbo Tax fees.   Double check your bank routing and account numbers with your bank.  

If you entered wrong banking information or used a closed account for your direct deposit, then the refund would have been returned to the third party bank.   That bank would either send your refund back to the IRS or could issue a check and mail it to you at the address you used on your tax return.   Not sure how you think receiving your refund is a "scam."  Be glad you received your refund-----some users in your situation wait for months for their refunds and have a lot more aggravation than merely having to deposit or cash a check.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies