Why are you requiring me to upgrade if last years return is the same type interest and dividends?

Last years and this years returns show the same type interest and dividends reported. Yet, this year you are requiring me to upgrade in order to submit my return. Why?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Depending on what your tax situation was last year, you might need to use new tax forms to claim the same deductions, credits, or forms of income.  The following TurboTax FAQ highlights some tax situations that now require Deluxe instead of the Free Edition.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4223394