abrucadabra

Why are you claiming the form 1040X for amended returns won't be for processing until March 25, 2021? It is available on the IRS web site now.

I e-filed on 2/12/2021.  Several days later I received an unexpected 1099 and now need to amend my return.  Why can't I file the amended return until March 25?

bluedeb

You can't file an amended return in TurboTax because the IRS has to approve their form that goes in the software so you can e-file.  You can get the 1040X form on the IRS if you want to manually enter your amended information & then mail it in.

To add:  The IRS right now is handling tax return processing since they only started accepting returns on 2/12/21.

bluedeb