wramirez8

Why are you charging to amend tax return if h

why turbo tax charges to
to amend tax return if h

What are you changing?   Are you changing something that requires an upgrade to a higher version of the software than you used when you filed your original return?

If  you have to upgrade the program to amend the return then that is the fee you need to pay to amend the return.

For instance if you used the free version to file the original return but you are amending to add a Sch C then you must upgrade to the SE version to file the return the same way you would have if you had added the Sch C on the original return.  

wramirez8

Yes, I need to upgrade to add 1098-T, but H&R block doesn't charge a dime if you need to amend your return, even when adding additional schedules. If I would of know this, I would never used Turbo tax. Next year, I'll use H&R block