Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I had to mail my return in this year, it's been 2 weeks and yesterday it showed received on wmr. How long does it take to be approved?

Ok guys woke up to smn a lil diff I had to squint n rub my eyes bcuz it changed a lil thght I put n wrong info..... since 3/10 it has said your return is still being processed a date will b provided etc WELL this am it says we have received your tax return and it is being processed...... N that's it it said this before for 2 days before bars disappeared...... so I'm wondering if this is good? Ne experiences or knowledge on this small change n wording lol
mzche89

I had to mail my return in this year, it's been 2 weeks and yesterday it showed received on wmr. How long does it take to be approved?

@Cheree_Coplin I updated Wednesday night to that b3ing processed message for a long time I had still processing

So how long are we going to b being processed? What does that even mean idk ne mo

Finally received a ddd this morning  mailed in 2/13 received 3/7 lost bars 3/10

Yea @michaelnurse2010 I FINALLY got mine as well BOUT TIME

Yup bout time

@Cheree_Coplin congrats

I have yet to receive mine I spoke to a representative this morning at IRS and she said my refund was released on the 26th of this month but I haven't received anything

Did you have TT fees deducted from it?

Yes the fees are supposed to be deducted from my refund for TurboTax

Yay finely have a DDD for the 9th

Congrats your guys
GeoffreyG

While we at TurboTax have no way of finding out specific information about the processing of an individual tax return once it's been transmitted to the government, it's a known fact that paper-filed tax returns normally do take rather longer for the IRS to process than e-filed returns.  The e-file refund guideline the IRS tells the public is around 21 days, give or take, or 6 weeks for paper-filed returns, except at the busiest time of year (like February or March).

Personally, as a CPA who has filed literally thousands of tax returns over the years, I find those IRS estimates to be about what I observe in reality, but with a wide variation.  Some refunds can be really quick, while some tax returns, for instance, can take much longer to process than others, especially if there is any unusual issue, such a taxpayer name / SSN discrepency, an attachment made to the return, an Injured Spouse claim form has been filed, etc.  Thus, it's really difficult to say.  But I should estimate that a normal time-frame to process a paper filed tax return, at the busy time of year, and provided that there are no issues or that the return hasn't been selected for a random examination, should be fall somewhere broadly between about 5 and 8 weeks.

In your case, however, requesting the direct deposit refund option, in lieu of a paper check, should speed things up by a few days at least.  I'm sorry that I can't promise you a date or a time, but that's not in anyone's power to do except for the IRS.  Anyone who claims otherwise is not telling the truth.

That said, it's a good bit of advice to periodically keep checking on the Where's My Refund webpage, as the message there change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously, or the bars disappear.  If your tax return ever is chosen for further review, or an actual audit, then the website should indicate that.

Taxpayers who do have their returns held for review, and who expect to receive an IRS notice, tell us that this message appears clearly on the Where's My Refund website.  If enough time passes after filing (21 days after e-file, or 6 weeks after paper file), and there is no new information, at that time the IRS indicates that you can call them for additional information, using the phone number provided on their Where's My Refund website.

For now, the best course of action is patience.  The IRS doesn't always move as fast as taxpayers would like (especially when waiting for a refund).

Thank you for asking this question.

cmarure03

It’s  been past 6 weeks for me and all I get is still processing no bars. Called irs all they tell me is it’s processing

I wish u had bars lol they keep saying wait the 6 to 8 then i can call
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies