turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

View solution in original post

85 Replies

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

I filed with professional tax person on March 1st, still haven't recieved any information. My return is still being processed. I called and they told me my return was pulled for review. Still waiting.

I too filed with a professional in 2/14.  No letters or notices I was told there was no error on my end that there was a coding error on the IRS end and if I do not recieve my refund by 6/13 which will be the absolute deadline told to me by the IRS to call back again!## never have I had an issue I have been filing the same way since my 23yr old was in diapers!

I totally understand me too and they had my taxes since 1/28 and my first letter was dated March 15th OMFG and when I called up recently they will be sending out a letter on 6/17 are you kiddinf me...I have filed the same way too but I did make a error on my withholdings since that I have an audit omg really...???? its so sad now I have to prove everything on my taxes this is BS!!! I only make 18000 a year and NEVER once got a audit or review they just like people to sit and wait on them BUT THEY ARE NOT SLOW AT TAKING YOUR MONEY YOU OWE THEM!!!!

Waa

I filed my taxes in February using turbo tax.. I have yet to receive my refund.. I called the irs so many times, all they say is wait 6 weeks, wait 4 weeks.. I finally called the advocate who is no help at all, I was told my paperwork has been submitted for the 4th time now.. The advocate called me today and actually said, wait another 4 weeks no need to call back.. So now we’re going into July, this is the biggest ripoff I’ve ever seen..Who the hell can you turn too??? The irs advocates are no help , who the hell wants to keep hearing wait wait wait, when you have bills??? I want to know if it’s a way to go over the advocates head? This is some real BS!!!
sbray4911

I'm in the same boat. My return was filed on 1/28. They sent me a notice on March 7 saying it could take up to 60 days because they're reviewing my return. I wait until March 16 and call the IRS and they tell me they sent a referral to the committee. I continue to hear nothing so I call the IRS again after 2 weeks. I get a different person and the guy sounds angry with me because he knows that I called 2 weeks before. He says theres nothing he can do for me and it's a waste of time because the person I talked to 2 weeks beforehand already sent a referral to the committee and that's all they have the power to do. He tells me if I still don't hear anything after July 17 then I can call back and they can take further action. On June 24 I receive a letter saying that they need an ADDITIONAL 60 DAYS to send me a complete response on what action they are taking on my account. So here it is, July 9th 2019. 

Right there with you , filed in January, amended in May after figuring out what was wrong on my own since I received zero correspondence from the IRS on what to do. Received 1 letter in March telling me 60 more days. Since then they tell me they have sent multiple letters but I have not received one single thing! Address is correct on file as well. My status online now says complete as of 7/12/19 but the person I spoke with this morning says my refund is still frozen because they need income verification, the same thing I already sent in and it says so in their system! Tax advocacy called me bk in June and said they would be in touch but they haven’t returned called or given me an update in a month. I am growing more and more frustrated and feel helpless in this . It’s back to school time and it could seriously come in handy. I’m just lost on what to do now

I'm with you all mine is frozen since jan 28th and received letters and they push it and push it..so I got a letter to fax over proof of what they were asking that was June 26th so I kept calling and finally I got a Nice man on the line and he went over everything with me and said that he is going to transfer all my information to him from Andover Mass to Atlanta. he needed 1 form for my Daughter and then he will send out a letter showing the changes and refund amount and I have to sign it and send it back to him them they will process my refund in a few weeks lol well I've been waiting 5 mos for it... july 10th he was suppose to send out letter and the irs said he did so he wasn't BS me...thank you Jesus and Mr Cross!!!!

Mosbyt412

Well I filed on April 14 and supposively my money is coming tomorrow, I'm very angry for this long wait and idk if I should make a appointment but I'd like a tip to help me out here cause I shouldn't had to wait this long to receive my money. I had plans and their delaying for what ever bull crap is going on !

Been waiting 4 months and no idea why the hold up. I haven’t called the IRS because in reading others’ experiences it doesn’t appear to be fruitful. My thought is that the government is delaying refunds so as to milk as much interest as possible before giving us our money. Very stressful and sorry to my kids there’s no fun summer excursions and no money for back to school necessities. Ready to move to Canada

it is in you best interest to call and see what the hold up is , at least for peace of mind. My refund took 7mths to finish and I was in the same boat with expenses. The IRS and tax advocates have been zero assistance, I literally did everything on my own as far as figuring out what was wrong and fixing it. Have you set up an account online yet with the IRS website so that you can read your transcript and see what may be holding it up? There are codes on it that are helpful, that’s how I figured out my issues.  Finally after everything my refund was supposedly mailed out 8/2/2019 but I still haven’t received the mailed check. 

Leashamr

I'm in the same exact boat, for accepted feb. 3rd. March 45 day under review,  April 60 day review, and again June 60 day review.  I've called the irs multiple times been referred, no answer as to why they are still processing and what info they need AT ALL! I ordered our transcripts looked up codes no info other than it's being reviewed.  Aug. 19th is the last day of this 60 day hold and I'm about to go to court of claims if I dont get some answers! It's been 6months for us. 

@Leashamr  You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Very much appreciate this advice. I followed these instructions today and got through to a rep who told me my return (filed April 15) is under “examination” by the same department who conducts audits. I am now expecting a letter sometime in the next 2 weeks with instructions. Sometimes no news is good news 🤣

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies