Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rdjenk00

Where to find submission identification number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

taesoop
Returning Member

There was no number in the email or Electronic Filing Status History(Window software). Is there another way to get it?

Leia

For 2020 tax filing, I didn't receive the second email you mentioned in your message to confirm the federal return was accepted, but my online Turbotax account said the federal return is accepted, so I assumed everything is fine. Now I'm having big trouble for 2021 tax filing, IRS said I'm in Non-filing status for 2020, so IRS rejected my 2021 tax filing due to wrong AGI no. for 2020. Of course the AGI no. for 2020 is wrong because IRS don't have my 2020 AGI no. in their system. My question is how come my online Turbo Tax account said my federal tax is accepted but IRS said I'm in Non-filing status? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Your 2020 return could be in backlog, so the IRS would have your AGI on file at the moment. You can try to input 0 as your AGI to e-file. @Leia

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Leia

Is it possible that IRS didn't receive my 2020 return at all? Is it possible that TurboTax filed it on your end, but it got lost during data transimission? If it's already in their backlog, it's been over one year, I filed on 03/01/2021, it's so hard to believe that IRS took over one year to process my tax return. @CarissaM 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If e-filed, it would not have gotten lost. I would suggest following the instructions here to contact the IRS. They can verify if they have the return accepted, even if not processed. @Leia

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Leia

I put 0 as 2020 AGI, it worked, thank you so much! Hope IRS can process my 2020 return as soon as possible, I've been waiting for the refund for more than a year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies