Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Allbooty66
Returning Member

Where is my tax return I filed March 11. I need it now. Thank you please call xxxxxxxxxx Bruce Walden

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Where is my tax return I filed March 11. I need it now. Thank you please call xxxxxxxxxx Bruce Walden

TurboTax Support will not phone you from this user forum.   By the way, you have posted your name and phone number in this public Internet forum.   It looks like the forum filter may have removed the phone number part.   For privacy and security, please do not post personal info in this public forum.

What exactly are you needing?  You said "tax return".   But in this user forum people tend to refer to everything as a "return" when they are actually talking about their "refund."   So we never know what someone is asking about unless there is some other clue in the question.

So I'll start by mentioning the "return."  Are you unable to find a copy of the return you prepared in your Online TurboTax account?    If you don't find evidence of the 2018 return you prepared in that account when you look in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.    Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   I'll go ahead and leave the steps to locate an online tax return in a post to follow this one.

Or did you mean instead to ask about a tax refund you haven't received?     TurboTax Support does not receive any information from the IRS or a state tax agency about your tax refund, but we can tell you what to do.

If you're asking about a tax refund, here are some things you need to check:

Did you efile, or did you print, sign, and mail the return?     If you efiled, double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds
NOTE: Be sure you enter only the Federal refund amount and not any total amount that includes a state refund.  The figure to enter appears on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, but you didn't receive it, report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed", we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay, and if necessary, how to speak to the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

I left the steps above you need to follow if you are trying to get information about a tax refund you haven't received.

If that's not your situation, and you are trying to locate a 2018 online tax return you can't find, here's how to look for multiple accounts (User IDs).    You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies