turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skippy13

How do I get a five year summary

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The five-year summary is called Tax History Report. You can switch to forms mode to see it. You can also save your tax return as a PDF with all forms and worksheets, and the Tax History Report will be included. You will only get the full 5-year history if you used TurboTax for all of the past five years, and transferred your information from the previous year when you started your tax return each year.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
skippy13

Where do I find that "Forms Mode" option?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The five-year summary is called Tax History Report. You can switch to forms mode to see it. You can also save your tax return as a PDF with all forms and worksheets, and the Tax History Report will be included. You will only get the full 5-year history if you used TurboTax for all of the past five years, and transferred your information from the previous year when you started your tax return each year.

skippy13

Where do I find that Forms Mode? The 5 year tax history did not show up when I clicked on the PRINT button
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

When you posted your question you indicated that you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software on a Windows computer. To switch to forms mode click the Forms icon at the top right. In forms mode the forms included in your tax return will be listed on the left side, and Tax History will be in the list. Click on it to view the form.

I don't see where I can switch to forms mode.  I have saved my return in a pdf but the Tax History was not there.

NOT TRUE

I have used TT for at least 15 years. The 5 year Tax History form has always been included when selecting the all calculation worksheet option.

It does not show up this year. 

In fact, you need to enter forms mode and select Tax History to even see it. And once there you can save or print it but only as a standalone form.

Please fix this bug so that it is included with all your other tax forms like it used to be.

See attached. 1- all forms in my return and 2- Forms selected by TT when ALL calculation worksheets selected

Thank you

TT forms in my return.jpg

TT all calc selection.jpg

2022 taxes done and five-year summary still not included.

@JSchlund You are correct and it should be included.  However, if you chose the option for Key Calculation Worksheets the Tax History Report is included.

Not for me it didn't.

TT key calc selection.jpg

@JSchlund I am using the TurboTax 2022 Premier Edition and the Tax History Report shows as available using Key Calculations -

Tax History Report 2022.JPG

Then why doesn't it show up for me?  I also have the Premier edition

@JSchlund wrote:

Then why doesn't it show up for me?  I also have the Premier edition

Are you using a Windows or Mac OS?

Have you updated your program to the latest release?  Click on Online at the top to the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

I have a follow-up...

I also have 2 other tax returns besides mine. The Tax History shows up for both of those under both Key and All worksheets, It is only MY tax return where the tax history does not show up, WTF?  

Something to do with my specific return I presume?  Maybe because I have had no income or had to pay any tax for the last 5 years.  Whatever it is, it is still a bug in the TT software. If it appears in my list of forms then it should also be included in the print.  Now I will need to go back and review that this is the only form that is being dropped.  Ugh!

I am using Windows 10 home version and yes I download the updates every time I launch TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies