Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can i find my tax returns going back longer than 7 years?

I need my tax returns going back 10 years, where do I find them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax only retains online tax returns for the past 7 years, the exact same retention period as the IRS.

Returns older than 7 years are no longer available.

@margit68723 

AND, while you are at it, save all of the years that are available to a PDF file on your own computer, NOW.

Then back those PDFs up to a USB flash drive, and save in Tax file folder/drawer, or a Bank safe deposit box...because computer drives do crash, and you won't always have the same computer 5 years from now.

Do that every year and don't depend on finding them in the cloud later (yeah, I'm somewhat of a Luddite).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks, yep, great idea, will do! But i have to find the old ones yet, older than 7 years back, not possible in TT, and IRS will charge 50 for each one and will take around 75 days....need it asap tho. I guess there is no chance.

If you did not save  a paper, PDF or .taxfile of the return your ONLY option is to get a copy from the IRS for a fee.   https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-4506

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies