turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bmcleod22

I am trying to submit my 1095a form info, after I already filed my taxes. How do I undo turbo tax wanting to charge me to upgrade

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to submit my 1095a form info, after I already filed my taxes. How do I undo turbo tax wanting to charge me to upgrade

You do not need to upgrade to enter a Form 1095-A and a Form 8962 requested by the IRS.

1. Sign into your account with the same login you used when you filed your 2018 return.
  2. When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.   See screenshot
  3. This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.
  4. Select the Federal tab
  5. Select the Health Insurance tab.
  6. Answer the questions about your health insurance which includes entering your 1095-A.
  7. Select Tax Tools (found on the left panel), then select Print Center below it.
  8. Choose Print, save, or preview this year’s return.
  9. Select View or print.
  10. Select Form 8962 and Form 1040 and print them.
  11. Send the following to the IRS address or FAX number given in your IRS letter:

Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit

Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement

A copy of the IRS letter that you received.

Only if the refund or owed amount has changed: Also include your Form 1040

View solution in original post

8 Replies

You do not need to upgrade to enter a Form 1095-A and a Form 8962 requested by the IRS.

1. Sign into your account with the same login you used when you filed your 2018 return.
  2. When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.   See screenshot
  3. This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.
  4. Select the Federal tab
  5. Select the Health Insurance tab.
  6. Answer the questions about your health insurance which includes entering your 1095-A.
  7. Select Tax Tools (found on the left panel), then select Print Center below it.
  8. Choose Print, save, or preview this year’s return.
  9. Select View or print.
  10. Select Form 8962 and Form 1040 and print them.
  11. Send the following to the IRS address or FAX number given in your IRS letter:

Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit

Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement

A copy of the IRS letter that you received.

Only if the refund or owed amount has changed: Also include your Form 1040

Unless you will have a net Premium Tax Credit which is reported on a Schedule 5 or you have to repay an excess Premium Tax Credit reported on Schedule 2 , then you must upgrade to the Deluxe edition for the credit or repayment.

Yep ... if you had entered the 1095-A on the original return you would have needed to upgrade to complete the return so you need to do so now .... or you can fill in the 8962 by hand for free :  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8962">https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8962</a>
bmcleod22

Thank you so much! So I will not be charged?

If you wish to stop now and not upgrade or pay the upgrade fee then nothing will be charged ... good luck completing the form manually. If  you get to a point where the upgrade fee seems reasonable then come back.
bmcleod22

when i go in it keeps asking me to pay the $89 to upgrade, will this interfere with my return if i ignore it?

What version are you currently using?  Are you currently using the paid "Deluxe" version, or are you using the so-called 'free' version?

What you are doing now has no effect on the return you have already filed ... so if you want to stop now you can ... just log out.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies