rodeo32bb

When i did the return this year i put my information first and husband as spouse in the past my husband has been listed first when professional tax accountants have done our return.....is this a problem

HelenaC

Per IRS 1040 instructions, which read:

"If you filed a joint return for 2015 and you are filing a joint return for 2016 with the same spouse, be sure to enter your names and SSNs in the same order as on your 2015 return."

Changing the established name order isn't the end of the world, but it could result in processing delays for your taxes.

HelenaC

Per IRS 1040 instructions, which read: