When filing taxes I set up automatic payments and now I need to see if I can get an extension on paying the balance how do I do this?

TO CANCEL A TAX PAYMENT YOU SCHEDULED

If your return was accepted, you cannot change your payment method  or payment date.  The only thing you can do is cancel the payment and then pay by a different method on your own.

• Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to ask about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.
  • Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.