Superdoughnut

When do i have to mail ammended tax return

I filed my taxes incorrectly. I forgot to include some income. I ammended it and i owe the IRS. I can only mail the ammended form and pay via check. I live abroad at the moment but i am moving home in 2 weeks. I do have a check available but it's dirty and damaged. It is in tact but it has stains on it. Should i send my ammended form ASAP or should i wait until i can get respectable checks and mail it then? Is there a deadline to when I should mail an ammended form if I owe the IRS?

You can make the payment online at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/payments">https://www.irs.gov/payments</a>
Superdoughnut

Okay, thank you. I submitted a payment, how will the IRS be aware and accurately locate my payment for my amended return if they have not yet received my amended return in the mail specifying the amount that I owe them?

They match it up by your ssn.  Did you select the payment was for Amended Return and 1040X?
Superdoughnut

Yes i did. Except not amended return as i did not see the option. Just 1040X

Well hopefully they match it up.