Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wood7498

What is ISS we do not understand?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

ISS is the Issue Date of your Driver's License.

If you are using the software and you find out that your ID does not have an ISS (Date Issued), you will not be able to use this feature, instead remove the data from the ID number field and the expiration date field. Even though you have the Drivers License checked, it will allow you to continue as long as all the fields are empty.

Your explanation does not match the entry fields in the dialog box from the software. Still causes confusion. 

I couldn’t find a date of issue on my FL drivers license. The Turbo Tax CPA told me all licenses have it .  Not true.   So there is a date of kind . I put that in .  Date of expiration was there, so I put that in.  I hit continue and away I went.  If the IRS doesn’t like it, send my money back. 

mts33160

An answer for this problem was requested last year (2021). It has not been fixed yet. Are you listening??

New York State insists on a license ID. Instead of offering a data input option of "does not have issue date", TurboTax gives work-arounds which do not really solve the problem.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The document number, for New York licenses, is an 8 or 10 digit alphanumeric number located on the lower right corner of your license, permit or non-driver ID, or on the back if it was produced after January 28, 2014. The document number begins after 'IDUSA'. Do not include IDUSA as part of the document number. 
Please see the examples in this help page on the New York DMV website. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mts33160

Except I live in Florida with New York income. The Florida driver's license does not have an issue date.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

FL does require that you renew your license every 8 years. The date you last renewed your license would be the issue date. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies