Check your E-file status here - e-file status lookup tool to ensure your return was accepted by the IRS. If it was accepted at least 24 hours ago, you can start tracking your refund with the IRS. Unfortunately, once your refund is accepted by the IRS, they do not send any further updates to TurboTax.
For the most up to date information on your refund, you can track your federal refund here: Where's My Refund? which provides a specific, personalized date for your tax refund once it is available. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.
If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.
Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:
Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.
You can also visit the IRS website Refund FAQ's here - https://bit.ly/2kcmOfT
If your return seems to be taking a bit longer, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:
Why do some refunds take longer than others?
For questions on state refunds, use your State Refund Lookup tool.
If you are concerned you can contact the IRS directly at 800-829-1040 and see if they can provide you additional details:
1. press 1 for English listen to the recorded message
2. press 2 for answers about personal income taxes listen to the recorded message
3. press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted
4. press 3 for all other questions
5. press 2 for all other questions
6. enter your social or ein
confirm type (social or ein) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1
7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold
8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1
You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS
(Note: If call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)