turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What if I forgot to file a w-2 form

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Would you like to view more questions that might be relevant?
1 Reply
Expert Alumni

What if I forgot to file a w-2 form

You should wait until the return is either accepted or rejected.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to add the W-2 before you resubmit.  

If your return is accepted, you can amend, or correct, your return if the original entries were incomplete. There is no additional charge to use Turbo Tax to amend your return, but you will need to mail in the amended forms, as the IRS does not accept e-files on amendments.   

Here is a Turbo Tax FAQ with step-by-step instructions for amending 2016.


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies