turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What happens if you have filed your taxes and a new 1099-R comes in but there is no change in your refund amount as a result?

I have filed my taxes and I'm due a refund.  Today a new 1099-R I was not expecting came in for a direct rollover to an IRA.  None of the rollover was taxable and thus did not change my refund amount.  What action should I take since my return has already been accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

What happens if you have filed your taxes and a new 1099-R comes in but there is no change in your refund amount as a result?

Unfortunately, you need to file an amended return to report your rollover.  Even though you aren’t required to pay any  tax on this transaction, you still must report it to the IRS.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ "How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed," below, for instruction on how to amend your previously-filed tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, you need to file an amended return to report your rollover.  Even though you aren’t required to pay any  tax on this transaction, you still must report it to the IRS.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ "How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed," below, for instruction on how to amend your previously-filed tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

don't bother amending in this situation.
IRS knows what code G is (Rollover)

If there is any issue they will contact you. This is unlikely.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies