Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vhufman

What forms do I send with 1040x

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

According to the 1040X instructions:

Attach any schedule or form relating to the changeFor example, attach Schedule A (Form 1040) if you are amending Form 1040 to itemize deductions. If you are amending your return because you received another Form W-2, attach a copy of the new W-2. Do not attach items unless required to do so.

This includes any additional or corrected Forms W-2 you received after you filed your original return. For more information, see the 1040X instructions (link included above).

vhufman52

The only change on the 1040x is deducting a Roth IRA gain that was originally entered in error as a conversion and taxed. So, I only need to send the 1040x and the revised 1040 as there are no schedules I see for this? Do I send the 1099? And what about for the state?

You do not send the Form 1040 as the changes would already be reflected on the Form 1040X.  A copy of the Form 1099-R can be included.
The state return would only be amended if the federal income was changed and this change would be also reflected on the state tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies