turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I had a tax pro e-file my 2018 & 2019 taxes filed both on 2/5/20 received 2019 on 2/17/20 I have seen people post in here that you can't e file back years returns that's false you can haven't heard anything about 2018 return of course due to the IRS only focusing on the stimulus money when the "get my payment" first opend it said my stimulus was deposited into a bank account with the last four of the account actually being the last four digits of my social security number so I was confused then this weekend when they updated the website it says now check to be mailed 5/1/20 and I seen people post on here they had the same message there check would be mailed last Friday on 4/28/20 and they actually received them that day or the day before so if anyone in here has a mailed check date for tomorrow 5/1/20 PLEASE POST if or when y'all get them thanks

Sameboat

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filed mine January 29...still waiting. I did receive my stimulus check however...but I'd like to have my refund also. Flustered....

what letter did you recieve i filled on feb 6th and mine is still processing my address has changed so i dont know if they sent a letter do u have the number off urletter i can call them to see what i eed to do? 

cramir63

I'm in the same boat and when you check on wheres my refund it states  your refund is still being processed and then you go to stimulus and they have no information 

That's the same boat I'm in I filed 3/26 it's still processing I can't get any information on a stimulus smh

It seems like most of us in this position filed with TurboTax around March and did a simple form this is total bs we can't get either one refund or stimulus smh

I filed 2/07/2020 and still haven't received mine. I did receive a letter in the mail  after 6 weeks that  it was chosen for review.  And that it would take an additional 8 weeks to let me know anything else or even to receive my tax refund. It's almost them 8 weeks later in a few more days and nothing yet.

You won't hear anything for a long time. I filed in February and then was sent a letter from the IRS requesting a form that TT neglected to include in this year's software. Sent it back very beginning of March. 

They are still processing my refund. 

The IRS is not processing refunds at this time. They are concentrating on the stimulus checks.  I'm still waiting for that too. 

I did receive my stimulus check, although I'm thinking they might have went through last years refund status..because from February 07, 2020 til now..that's a long time..being I did e-file and every years I get my refund within 2 weeks

I feel your pain.I filed on 4/2 accepted on 4/3 and nothing. No taxes no stimulus money. My landlord found a loophole and took us to court for back rent not paid and is trying to evict my wife myself and our 4 kids. If I had my taxes or stimulus money I would be fine but instead  have a mountain of stress. Not to mention no AC in Arizona at the beginning of summer because we can't afford to pay our back rent. My slumlord said no back rent no ac work order.

9 out of 10 in a normal year but its like 1 out of 10 is being processed right now. Cause I am in the same boat and loads of people I know haven't gotten their taxes either. Why would the trump administration give the stimulus job to the IRS during tax season? That was the dumbest move from a dummy. Now we all have to suffer. If you voted for trump you should blame yourself for this clusterfuk

After searching everywhere I could think of to contact the IRS since they're not taking calls I by chance found the below,:. The Link is for the tax advocate for the IRS who is allegedly still answering phones. 

https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us

I get the same thing .

Sm01
Level 2

I have also received my stimulus but I'm still waiting on taxes. They were accepted in February 4th. I got a letter saying they were holding my refund to check it for accuracy and to contact them if 60 days had gone by without a refund or letter. It's been over 70 days. No way to reach a live person at IRS. I'm left wondering what's going on

Sm01
Level 2

I've called hundreds of times and left messages. No return phone call. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies