Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Thank you so much! I have been checking and waiting since 2-4-2020. I have received my state and stimulus payments and still no Federal Payment. I will reach out in the morning to see if I can find out what is going on. I’ll post any information I find out that can help others. 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I finally talk to someone they said 2 more months end og July first of August i did my taxed on January got 2000 in February still waiting on earn income for kids i got Audit this has been a real JOKE with the IRS i need all of my money for my kids i work all year long for what to get audit ????

bonnierob1156
Returning Member

Ive been on review since feb 2, finally got mine today june 3rd. Hang in there .Theyre backed up because of covid.

I finally got ahold of someone at irs  beginning of may, I filed Feb. 5 still waiting, they told me because of the staff shortage to check back in 60 day

LW7
Level 3

I talked to a live person Monday cause my refund still says processing as well and she told me that they still not fully staffed to process ppl returns yet that it's gonna be a little more longer just be patient she said so I'm guessing patients is gotta be our answer I mean I feel your pain they holding on to 8K of mine and won't release it just crazy don't know why they shut the irs down anyway they should of been essential workers smh

My wife and I filed Injuried Spouse. That normally takes 11 weeks. We filed on February 15th 2020. The 11 th week was on May 2nd. It is now June 3 and we have not been able to hear from anyone concerning the delay of our return. I'm upset, because I cant through on the phone even through the deceptive path they make you go through to talk to a live person. They will not take walk ins at the local office and my status on the app has not changed since we filed. I understand there is a pandemic but they have to do better. That money is owed to me , you tell me to be patient? I'm now in the 16th week of waiting for my hard earned tax money. Y'all just need to hurry the heck up and send us our money.

Dorothy45
Returning Member

I defiled my taxes on April 28 2020 I would like to know how much iam getting back. n when will I get my refund check i been checking the status n it's saying it's still being processed I don't understand it so can y'all check on it for me n let me know something please my email is [email address removed] phone number is [phone number removed] n if aim going to get a prepaid debt card 

@Dorothy45 wrote:

I defiled my taxes on April 28 2020 I would like to know how much iam getting back. n when will I get my refund check i been checking the status n it's saying it's still being processed I don't understand it so can y'all check on it for me n let me know something please my email is [email address removed] phone number is [phone number removed] n if aim going to get a prepaid debt card 

How you chose to receive the federal tax refund and the amount will be on the Federal Filing Instructions page included with your tax return.

Sign onto your TurboTax online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and click on Add a State.  This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

LW7
Level 3

Right I filed Feb.24th and did what they asked to drop my refund march it's frustrating they really do need to get on it 

We're in the same boat but filed even earlier.  Can't even get a hold of someone at the irs. Keep getting hung up on. Lost job and even though got stimulus refund has been processing since february!  I would think turbotax would help since THEY got their money!  Someone needs to do something!

Dorothy45
Returning Member

Its been almost 2 months

@thedoerrs wrote:

We're in the same boat but filed even earlier.  Can't even get a hold of someone at the irs. Keep getting hung up on. Lost job and even though got stimulus refund has been processing since february!  I would think turbotax would help since THEY got their money!  Someone needs to do something!

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

I finally got through last week to the IRS. My taxes have been on hold since Jan.28. I called irs the first of march. Said they were on hold. 

When I spoke to them this time it will be 60 days from last week. She said they sent me a form out in april and I didn't receive it, she said its probably still sitting in the mail room, cause of the Covid. I also contacted turbo they can do nothing without a letter from the IRS so don't waste your money on the guarentee help from turbo. I've used turbo for the past 6 years. Will not be using them again...

Hello, I understand your frustration.

Please know that Turbo Tax did not cause this and has no control on this matter. IRS is sending you a letter to explain the delay. Either missing information or you need to verify your return. Unfortunately due to Covid19 IRS was at a stand still. Your situation will not be corrected any time soon. If this is causing you an economic hardship please contact National Taxpayer Advocate hotline at [phone number removed]. I hope this helps you 

Hello, so sorry you are experiencing this delay.

If you are experiencing economic hardship Please Call National Taxpayer Advocate [phone number removed].

They may be able to expedite your refund 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies