Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I have experienced the exact same thing. It's like our returns are floating out in limbo. Doesn't help that we are unable to contact anyone in charge to inquire about this frustrating matter. I guess we just keep checking in daily in hopes of progress sooner than later. My best to you here.

RonnieBlack2
Returning Member

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Depends on how and when you filed. If you missed the deadline, you will have to wait until next year

RonnieBlack2
Returning Member

I used efile when i wasn't supposed to  I am on SSDI with no dependents. I efiled on April 30, I got notification yesterday that the money will be direct deposited on may 20. 

hollyh

They said they received it in early March so that means I haven't done it yet never processed it

Neither did I and I have 2 kids. 

Returning Member

I have gotten mine either and I filled a tax return for 2018 so they going by that and I filed a tax return for 2019. I sent it through the mail on the 21st April so what about my stimulation check.

Returning Member

It tell me they don't have enough information Everytime it go on there.

I filed on April 23rd to which it showed accepted on Turbo Tax and currently does as well. The projected deposit to my account was for May 13th. According to the IRS when I check online, it's "still being processed." I am unable to find any contact information to help me verify the exact meaning here. I'm left confused and slightly concerned. If this continues on much longer I'll start really worrying, something I really prefer not to do.

Grussell1

I filed with turbotax. Both of my tax returns were accepted on March 19th. I e-filed with direct deposit. I got my state tax return right away. I am still waiting on my federal refund. It's still processing. On another note regarding the stimulus check I went in to make sure my information for my bank acct. Made the correction. When I went in the next day to check the status and it said they were mailing my stimulus and would update in 24hrs. I  checked in 24hrs and they had a mail date. I recieved  stimulus 5 days. BUT STILL  NO FEDERAL TAX RETURN.

I'm still waiting for both & filed 2019 ELEVEN WEEKS AGO. 

not unusual.  the IRS is short of staffing. a lot of the staffing they do have is working on getting the stimulus out.   from other posts it's looking like many recently e-filed returns are in what the IRS refers to as the processing stage.  from some posts it appears refunds are taking as much as 4 times as long as the usual 2-3 weeks.  there really isn't much a taxpayer can do.  Be glad the IRS has your return.  mailed-in returns are just sitting and not even being processed.  when those taxpayers will receive their refunds is anybody's guess.  

Ch33
Level 1

Can u please tell me why it says my tax return is still processing and I can't get on the phone to call them because it says the IRS is not accepting calls that you have to go online and I've done that for weeks now

Martanine

I tried to file my taxes through turbo got rejected at least 3 times by the IRS so i had to mail in so i paid to have it sent certified so i would know when IRS received it they did back in March  I received my State refund but still No Federal and when i go to the portal where my refund it says i may have my info wrong. My Stimulus got deposited to a closed account and the bank stated it automatically went back to Federal gov't. So where is that? We are all in same boat it seems yet people that shouldnt get checks and refunds are getting them.

Dadsrudy
Returning Member

It took me 8 months to get my 2018 tax retutn! I received it by snail mail in Sept. of this year!  NOW thats unreal!?! 😡

There are literally thousands of Americans who filed earlier this years, and we got notices of a CPO5 hold that took effect on March 16th, and we have to wait 60 days from date on notice. Yesterday was our 60 day mark, and we havent received anything from IRS, or any other information about where are tax returns are. We have tried calling IRS, but we get an automated system saying IRS is temporarily closed, and to find information about individual returns call back during regular business hours. There is nothing on Website in regards to update on your delayed taxes other than, theres nothing to do besides wait 60 days or if you havent received anything. Many upon Many Americans are frustrated with this, because a lot of us can you the extra cash especially right now. 

We go to jail if we dont pay taxes, but yet Americans cant do anything to IRS if they hold our money

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies