turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when the irs refund tracker on there we issue disappears & only says ur tax return is being processed & a refund date will be provided soon . My taxes were accepted on 2/15

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What does it mean when the irs refund tracker on there we issue disappears & only says ur tax return is being processed & a refund date will be provided soon . My taxes were accepted on 2/15

Mine was accepted 10 Feb and all it says your tax return is being processed.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

The messages and bars on the Where’s My Refund? tool change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously, or the bars disappear entirely (they may return later). The disappearance of the bars, as a stand-alone action, signifies nothing important at all. The behavior that you observe is more likely an indicator that your tax return (and refund) is simply moving through the processing system. 

Please  in keep in mind that the IRS doesn't always move as fast as taxpayers would like (especially when waiting for a refund).  Also taxpayers who report certain items of income (such as self-employment) or certain tax credits (such as dependent care) can experience longer wait times for the IRS to process their original tax return, and ultimately issue a tax refund.

Please see the articles below for more information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies