idcougar

What do I do so I can file my taxes if I misplaced my 1098-E and I don't have any statements from them to get the interest paid last year.?

What can I do if I don't have my 1098-E?

Does the lender for your student loan have a website?   What do you do to make your payments?

LinaJ2020

You can still deduct your student loan interest without a Form 1098-E.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

After sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in 1098E and Enter

Select Jump to 1098E 

Follow prompts

You should receive your 1098-E from your student loan lender. If you haven't received this form (online or in the mail), it could be because you paid less than $600 in interest last year or haven't made any payments on your loans for the year.

If you don't have your 1098-E, we recommend you contact your student loan lender. You can also grab your interest amount from your year-end statement and enter that amount to get a deduction.

To learn more, click here: Form 1098-E