turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if we did not get stimulus of $500 and $600 for our son? I entered in what we received which then it says this is correct but it is not. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

What do I do if we did not get stimulus of $500 and $600 for our son? I entered in what we received which then it says this is correct but it is not. What do I do?

You have to make sure our son qualifies for the stimulus payment.  Only dependent children under 17 years old are eligible for the stimulus payments.  

If your son is under 17, then revisit the dependent section to make sure his birthday and SSN are correct.  

If you need to revisit the Dependents section in TurboTax Online, here's what you do:

1. Open your return in TurboTax, if you aren't already in it. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Select My Info on the left side navigation.
  3. Select the Add a dependent button if you need to add someone. Click the trash can icon next to the name of a dependent to remove them (we'll ask you to confirm removing them before we take them off your return).
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Alan,

I went in to make sure DOB is correct. It is and so is the social. He is only 1.7 years old and is eligible. Any other ideas to get it to process? When i was in the rebate section I put in the amounts we got and it just says again this is correct with no option to contest. Or I can click "no" as in no payments were recieved which we did get paid mine and wife's amount.

Thanks,

Brian

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

The amount you should have received for round one should have been $2400 for you and your spouse plus $500 for your son.  A total of $2900.  Since you did not receive the $500 for your son, you would put $2400 as the amount you received, leaving a credit due to you in the amount of $500.  

The same applies for the second round.  The amount you should have received should have been $1800 for the three of you.  You would put you received $1200 leaving a credit of $600.  

On line 30 of your 1040, you should see $1100. 

If you do not see $2900 and $1800, there is a problem with the program recognizing your dependent.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies