turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I am amending my taxes to state filing jointly and my wife already filed jointly do I need to make changes to my taxes with her information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I am amending my taxes to state filing jointly and my wife already filed jointly do I need to make changes to my taxes with her information?

What ???

Did she filed a joint return without your information ?

Did you file a return already and if so which filing status did you use ?

Did one of you have to mail in their return ?

Did you both get your refunds yet ?

My refund was accepted, married filing seperately, just did not get the refund yet. She attempted to file both of us jointly but that got rejected. No neither of us had mail in the return and neither of us have recieved it yet.

Your return was accepted and hers was rejected ..... so you both need to WAIT for your return to be processed and the refund is received ... THEN and only then will you amend your return ONLY to add your spouse to your return and file jointly.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies