Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

How do I order transcript? How long ago was this @toccorap29

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Go to IRS.gov website and click on my account. You can order online or by mail online is a lot quicker. Make sure info matches return address, filing status etc.

I've been trying make an account all week and it says my info doesn't match.

I just ordered over the phone. Please keep me posted on your letter.
xmarcosx

So has anyone had to Take Action message and it turn out to just be from the delay in processing? Or is it always because something is wrong?

I will and you keep me posted, I ordered over the phone and received a letter saying no refund on file. So I went back and tried online and it went thru.

@xmarcosx that's what I want to know. IRS made the biggest update of the season yesterday and today mine didn't update I knew then to check my transcript. I've been waiting well over 21 days.

What do you look for on the transcript. I checked mine but didn’t see any codes. I am over the 21days as well and stuck on the 1541 code

If your doing it online it will be 4 blocks with 2015-2018 year in each one. You have to look at the one that says return account in it. Don't know how the one looks they send in mail.

*I meant account transcript, not return account sorry @sjmiller0323
xmarcosx

@toccorap29 Do you have the Take Action message too? We filed on 01/22, it was accepted 01/23, so our 21 days was up on the 13th. If we were going to receive a letter we would have by now, wouldn’t we?

In another chat someone said ppl had this code for a week before they got a date

Yes @xmarcosx I have take action. Filed 1/13 received by IRS 1/15 got 9001 code at first called IRS on the 5th they said I should be receiving a letter 21 days after Jan 28. Don't know when it updated to the 1541 code but it's there now. Haven't received a letter after seeing pretty much everyone around me get an update yesterday had me kinda pissed. Now my transcript saying noticed issued.

What code is on your transcript
mbanton6

Hi, 1541
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies