Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We apologize your return is delayed on wheres my refund as ststus

When checking my Where's my refund i get this message , started last night "we apologize your return is delayed " 2/7/2022
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Update I checked the where's my refund tool and it has finally been approved and an issues refund date has been set. Thanks for everyones help.

View solution in original post

337 Replies

That’s happening to a lot of people for some reason this year-me included 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Once the return has been filed, Turbo Tax does not receive any updates on when it will be finalized. It is best to continue to monitor the progress on the Where's My Refund website, or contact the IRS. 

You can contact the IRS by following the instructions here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They should have stuck with "We received your return and it is being processed."

Yup absolutely should have lol

Everyone who is waiting on the EIC or Child tax credit should see that message....but they're"supposedly" starting the process for that today

That is a new message ... what "delayed" actually means is unknown but a guess would be that it will not be processed in the usual 21 day period.   All you can do is check the IRS site every few days to see if there is progress being made ... eventually the refund will be approved for dispersal  or you will have another message or get an IRS letter in the mail. 

Has anyone receive anything from this message code!!! I went from 1 bar with messages your return is being processed to  no bar with the we apologize delay messages with topic 152 should I be worried I have 2 more day to it hit 21 mark 

Jrob32t
Returning Member

I’m on my 27th day with the same message..

Oh no!!!! Did you receive a letter from them…. I’m trying to not to worried about this! some people has the same messages and change to approve just waiting for the update I guess 

Code 152 is the standard delay message when the IRS is going to take more than the standard 21 days ... it doesn't mean anything is actually wrong just it will take more time to process the return.  The past 2 years things are taking longer due to the chronic understaffing at the IRS.  Just be patient and check the IRS site every couple of days for a progress report. 

Jrob32t
Returning Member

No letter. But then again I just switched apartment units so they now have the wrong apartment # so they could have mailed something and I never got it, so i could be screwed, and of course I can’t get a real person on the phone at the irs to address it. 

@Jrob32t   The IRS started processing 2021 tax returns on January 24, 2022-it hasn’t been 27 days 

I am now getting the Path Act message after going a week with records don't match error. Mine were accepted by the IRS on the 20th so its been 27 days since that acceptance for me.

@jandatroy Ok 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies