turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Yantez
Returning Member

W2 info

My wife did my taxes on here and said my info from w-2 was automatically entered. I went back to look at my info said zero for everything.. I need to start over.. how do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

W2 info

Has the tax return already been submitted?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Yantez
Returning Member

W2 info

Yes it's saying zero on earnings and everything

Yantez
Returning Member

W2 info

I cancelled my 1040, waiting to contact my employer. Wife says she filed 2018, can't find my w-2's for 18 or 19, hope she filed them, she accidentally threw some of my papers away recently and don't know if she filed 2018 or how to get my stimulus if they don't know how much I earned

BillM223
Expert Alumni

W2 info

If your wife e-filed your return and it was accepted by the IRS, then you cannot e-file again, but must amend your return.

I am not sure what you mean by "Yes it's saying zero on earnings and everything", but amended returns look that way until you start to make changes from the return you originally filed.

"I cancelled my 1040, waiting to contact my employer." I don't know what "cancelled" means - you can't cancel a 1040 with the IRS. Once the return has been accepted by the IRS, all you can do is amend your return.

To learn more information on how to amend your return, please see this TurboTax FAQ.

"don't know if she filed 2018 " - you can get a copy of your 2018 "return" by going to this IRS webpage. Ask for a Tax Return Transcript, for the year ending 12/31/2018.

A transcript is not a copy of your return with all the lines and boxes, but it has all the lines and amounts that you filed with. And it's free.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies