Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcninchtw

View? Apparently I am used to the desktop version where I can view and enter information in the Tax Form view including supporting statements. How can I?

How can I achieve this in the Deluxe online version?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

View? Apparently I am used to the desktop version where I can view and enter information in the Tax Form view including supporting statements. How can I?

The TurboTax online editions do not have the capability for you to have direct access to any form, schedule or worksheet.

That feature is Only available when using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions using Forms mode.

Online TT does not have forms mode.  That is a feature of only the CD/download software.  You cannot enter directly on the forms using online software.  All entries are made via the interview screens.

You can preview just your Form 1040 and Schedule 1-3 before you pay your fees.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, the previewing experience isn't the same in TurboTax Online as it is in TurboTax Desktop. That being said, you can review your tax return in TurboTax Online before filing it. This is how to see it before paying:

1. Open your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools from the left-side menu, then Tools.
  3. Select View Tax Summary in the pop up box.
  4. Select Preview my 1040 from the left-side menu.
  5. You will see the Form 1040 with Schedules 1, 2 and 3.
  6. When you are done, select Back from the left-side menu.

If you want to see the complete return, with all forms and schedules, you can see it after you have paid for the return, but before you submit it for filing. This is how to do that:

1. Open your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools from the left-side menu, then Print Center.
  3. Select Print, save or preview this year's return at the bottom of the screen. 
  4. Select Pay Now on the next screen and follow the prompts to pay and print or save a copy of the return.
  5. With either method, you can make any needed changes to your return as long as you haven't submitted it for e-file. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies