Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

1-800 1040 number.....u have to push 2 after u verify your language

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

@vball2211 When did you originally file your taxes?

so you guys are saying that still being processed, which it went to after i verified, that is good news? or we have received it and still being processed, that will take longer?

I don't know it's very confusing this year but I'm just waiting.....that's all I can do

I filed my taxes on January 29th and went to the IRS office on February 27th and verified my identity. It's still saying my account is being processed and I called my card and nothing has been deposited

Me too. Sucks tho. I had planned my surgery around my taxes coming in cause I knew I'd be out of work for a while. 5 weeks out of surgery and it looks like I'll be going back to work before i even get my refund.

At first it says we have received it and it's being processed and a date will be provided when ava
 That's a bad thing

Then it changes to we have got received it and it's being processed that's a good thing and should have a date soon if u don't owe any thing

What site should I go on to see the bars?
vball2211

@jamekasquirewell I originally filed on Jan 28th. I called them on 3/2 to find out what was going on. They said they sent a letter to verify my identity but they never did. I finally received the letter on 3/8. That’s when I verified.
vball2211

@jamekasquirewell when did you?

I file 1/30 verified on 2/22 still waiting it will be 4 weeks on Thursday since I verified wWhat is going on?

@Hannahet1986 has the IRS updated you?

No but when I called they said it can take up to nine weeks
vball2211

Mine was updated and it says I should receive it on 3/21 no later than 3/26.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies