turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was accepted on the Feb 1 and my bars are now missing and it says your refund is still processing your refund date will be provided when available is this ok?

From the first till the 19th I had an accepted bar and now it's gone... tomorrow is my 21 st day what do I need to do? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My refund was accepted on the Feb 1 and my bars are now missing and it says your refund is still processing your refund date will be provided when available is this ok?

Nothing ... you need to do Nothing.  This is normal.

From the IRS:        

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also clear your cache in your browser settings."

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

View solution in original post

66 Replies

Nothing ... you need to do Nothing.  This is normal.

From the IRS:        

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also clear your cache in your browser settings."

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

Did you ever get your refund??

??

??
anellyd

Still nothing
anellyd

I filed and got accepted the 29th of Jan got a letter march 13th dated March 9th saying under review and nothing yet
Jd0924

The people who simply just have to VERIFY get their refund faster than those who don't have to give additional info I haven't had a update in almostr 45 days.
anellyd

I've called and they don't ask me for further info. My sister filled before be and claimed the same credits and she got here mid Feb a d in still waiting. No bars no updates nothing

The IRS no longer processes returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually so returns sent in at the same time will not necessarily process together.

The IRS states that 9 of 10 returns will process in 21 days or less. However considering that the IRS processes more than 140 million returns that means 14 million will be delayed for more than 21 days.

Think of the IRS process as a long pipe line. Some returns will be rejected before being allowed into the pipe and the rest will be accepted. Then once accepted into the pipeline many will process directly through without any delays and some will not.  Some returns will be siphoned off for further review of some kind. The basis of what triggers these reviews is a well guarded secret but some are just picked randomly every year.

If the person who gets an ID call and that was the last step in their process then the refund is released and that is just the way it is ... nothing you can do about how long it takes for the IRS to process your return and how many reviews your return goes thru  or how long it takes a human to look at the return as the IRS is very understaffed ... and you can thank Congress for under funding the IRS.
Jd0924

@Critter#2 thank u for that info. I knew it was something but I never knew that. That's crazy and it makes since now
Jd0924

@anellyd me too I've only Called irs 2xs they just say they don't need anything 60 days.no updates my bff filed hers 3\1 had her back by 3/9
Jd0924

@Critter#2  thank u for the info. That makes since i knew it was something they weren't telling us.
bostress

I filed on on 2/19/18, my bars dissappeared on 3/10/18; after checking IRS to go everyday, on   3/23/18 my bars returned and I was on return accepted with a message saying that my refund amount had changed because of some money Iowed the IRS for unpaid taxes. It also said that my refund would be mailed on 3/30/18.
bostress

*owed
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies