karenkthomson

How do I amend an already amended return in TurboTax 2013?

I have just amended my 2012 return that corrected the home office square footage and depreciation schedule. I have not sent this return. I need to correct the updated information and depreciation on my 2013 and 2014 returns. Both these returns were done and e-filed with Turbo Tax, but my 2013 return has already been amended once. How do I amend the amended return in Turbo Tax?

SusanH

Unfortunately, there is no way to amend your return a second time using the same .tax file. You will need to create a 2nd 2013 tax return and make it exactly match what your return said after it was amended the first time. 

After you have re-created your 2013 amended return, you will be able to amend it.

If you need them, we have instructions on amending in the following FAQ.

How to amend a return you already filed

SusanH

How to amend a return you already filed