turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I provided an incorrect routing number on my tax returns. Is there a way to have the correct routing number forwarded to my state and federal returns? If not how will I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NiaW

I provided an incorrect routing number on my tax returns. Is there a way to have the correct routing number forwarded to my state and federal returns? If not how will I

Unfortunately, no. There is no way to edit this information after the return is filed and accepted but not to worry! If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed, or the account name does not match the return name, it will be returned to the IRS and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on file. It usually takes an additional 10-15 business days to receive a check in the mail from the IRS after your bank denies the refund.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NiaW

Unfortunately, no. There is no way to edit this information after the return is filed and accepted but not to worry! If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed, or the account name does not match the return name, it will be returned to the IRS and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on file. It usually takes an additional 10-15 business days to receive a check in the mail from the IRS after your bank denies the refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies