HK89

Turbotax doesn't have my tax return for 2014 and 2015, and the IRS doesn't have my online "Account transcripts" for 2014!

I need proof that I filed taxes for 2014 and 2015!
In 2014 and 2015 I filed through Turbotax and I have the emails to prove that, but on my online account, I can see my tax returns for all years except 2014 and 2015!

Also, I went to my IRS online account, to get the "Account transcripts" for 2014 and 2015 but I was able to find only 2015! So I called the IRS and they said they don't have it and only have the ones from 4 years ago! even though their website says that they should hold the "Tax account transcripts" form 10 years!

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

I need official proof that I filed in 2014! How to get that?!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

DavidD66

If the IRS does not have a transcript of your 2014 tax returns, it means your 2014 tax return was not successfully filed and accepted by the IRS.  If you have emails showing that you filed and your returns were accepted, then I suggest you call customer support.  To do so, start by clicking on Contact Us

DavidD66

HK89

Thank you, David, for your response. Turbotax was able to find the tax returns for both 2014 and 2015, which was the most concerning this to me. But the IRS was not able to find my 2014 account transcripts! They say they don't have them. I think they probably got rid off this document that old.