Turbo Tax will not print my 1040 to allow me to file by mail.

25369_01002

I am filing for my deceased mother. There is only SSA-1099 for income and the software is saying that it does not have taxable income so it will not e-file.
SherryM

First of all allow me to express my condolences on the passing of your loved one.

If you have not e-filed your return yet then please follow the steps below to print your tax return:

1.Sign in and open (continue) your online return, if you've not already signed in. Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen.
  2.From the my account drop down at the top, select print center.
  3.In the TurboTax print center pop-up window, click the first option (print, save, or preview this years return) and follow the onscreen instructions.

*If you have not yet paid for your TurboTax online fee (or registered, if you're in a free version), you'll need to do so before you can print.

Since the Social Security benefits are the only income being reported on the tax return there is no benefit or need to file the tax return.

A tax return with no taxable income being reported cannot be e-filed.