turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TURBO TAX TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD NOT WORKING

IF YOU ARE FILING YOUR TAXES WITH TURBO TAX AND THEY HAVE ADVERTISED THAT YOU CAN RECEIVE PARTIAL OF YOUR REFUND FASTER BY SIGNING UP FOR A TURBO TAX DEBIT CARD & YOU CAN USE YOUR FUNDS RIGHT AWAY WITH THE TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD FOR ONLINE PURCHASES, DO NOT DO IT ! THIS IS MISLEADING INFORMATION! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU USE ! I HAVE SIGNED UP PERSONALLY & THE TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD DOES NOT WORK! I HAVE TRIED CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND IT IS HORRIBLE! THE WAIT TIME IS RIDICULOUS, THE REPRESENTATIVES HANG UP ON YOU , AND NONE OF THE SUPERVISORS ARE AVAILABLE. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED WHILE FILING MY TAXES! & TURBO TAX WILL NOT GET MY BUSINESS NEXT YEAR! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE: MY EXPEDITED CARD HAS ARRIVED WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY , I WAS ABLE TO ACTIVATE & USE THE CARD ! I EVEN ADDED THE CARD TO MY APPLE PAY ! IT HAS MY NAME & EVERYTHING ON IT & NOW I AM A HAPPY CAMPER . STILL NOT FILING WITH TURBOTAX NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE & THEY DID NOT GIVE ME AN OPTION TO USE MY OWN DIRECT DEPOSIT 🥴😀

View solution in original post

28 Replies

i have never had a problem with turbo tax but this year i applied for the refund advance and i was approved. i recieved my temp card info to use for online shopping and i have the same issue! im not able to use the card what so ever. A temp card doesnt have your name or address associated with it so im thinking thats the problem. i have been on hold waiting to talk to someone about it for about 10 min so far. i have green dot as my pay card and i actually like using green dot but this is horrible that they tell you we can use it and im now nervous knowing im not the only one dealing with this problem. They obviously lied about it.

I'm also encountering this issue. I called 1/28/20 after a 20min wait and they just told me they're trying to resolve the issue. I'm starting to believe it's false advertisement and bad business practice. 

I'm calling again to see if there has been any updates on resolving the issue.

maxmommy16
Returning Member

It's not just the temp card. I have my physical card and have tried using it online and it says invalid number. I've called twice. First to activate (again) and the second rep told me there's a problem with online purchases the techs are working on fixing. I'm pissed. 

kjorho

SAME. I've been on hold for 18 minutes now waiting for a rep. I'm incredibly irritated as I wanted to take care of some things right away. If anyone gets through, please update us!

Nicdees

Same issue here.  It's definitely a load of crap.  Email support is 3 business days before they can email you back

Yes Exactly ! I Finally got to someone who ordered me an Expedited card that is only suppose to take 3 business days & it is expected to be here by Monday . I am still upset about waiting . The lady also refunded the $15 for the shipping, Hopefully it comes quickly & Save me a headache 

Yes my first time calling I experienced the same ! I assumed because it was late at night the man just wanted to get me off the phone because he did not want to work fr. Just another example of poor customer service these people have! 

Whew I think you just made me feel bad for cursing all their customer service team 😂🤣 cause I wasn’t tryna hear none of that about my money. I was like “ Aht Aht FIX IT NEOWWWWWWWW **bleep** ! “ 😂😂😂 

Yes I got through ! Ask them to expedite your card ! It will take 3 business days or less & They can waive the $15 Fee ! 

They really need to get it together or They will be loosing a lot of business behind playing with people money . They really want a WW3 🤦🏽‍♀️

UPDATE: MY EXPEDITED CARD HAS ARRIVED WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY , I WAS ABLE TO ACTIVATE & USE THE CARD ! I EVEN ADDED THE CARD TO MY APPLE PAY ! IT HAS MY NAME & EVERYTHING ON IT & NOW I AM A HAPPY CAMPER . STILL NOT FILING WITH TURBOTAX NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE & THEY DID NOT GIVE ME AN OPTION TO USE MY OWN DIRECT DEPOSIT 🥴😀

Vjam77

so what number are you dialing to speak to a live person. I only receive the automated system

jarmes01

I am having issues with the app.  I cant even activate my new card.  it will not let me log on to the website either?  is anyone else experiencing this.  when I messaged them they told me that they can not activate the physical card over the phone due to security purposes?  is this true?  any help at all will be helpful.

Larry87

I am trying to get my card expedited . I never received the prepaid Turbo card . 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies