Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Created Direct Deposit Numbers

Long time user. Instead of copying my direct deposit info correctly from my 2022 return, Turbo Tax entered a Chase routing id and a bank account number Chase claims does not exist. TT no help. So please look at your printed copy (hopefully it is correct) b4 efile. I did not look until today (shame on me). What to do - Call bank DD routed to and see if account info is valid and in your name. All ACH's must be received into a valid account and a valid account name for the owner (hopefully that is how TT sends them). So if not your account name, DD should be rejected. There is an ACH Confirmation number your State or Fed's can provide to confirm the ACH details from the sending banks records. I hope I see my refund . Very concerned unable to view my TT direct deposit info and make sure there is no "bad" record in it. Confirmed 2021 had correct info and for some reasin 2022 was altered to a different bank and unknown account. VERY DISTURBING. Search "Trace ACH Payments" for more help than TT provides.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thanks volvo girl. All my bad. Did not think of the clearing bank issue. Yes, I had changed my direct deposit info. TT worked flawlessly. Make sure check all your accounts (lessoned learned)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The bank name, bank routing number and bank account number you entered for direct deposit of the federal tax refund will be shown on the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V of the worksheet.

To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Did you have the fees deducted from your refund?  Then it goes though a 3rd party bank to take the fees out.  

Or one poster found this.....
The refund was sent to a bank I didn't recognize because Schwab where I have an account uses an intermediary bank, JP Morgan. So the refund was in my Schwab account which has little activity and I had not checked. I had not had a refund in so long, I did not remember the default account I had set up years ago for refunds.

Or, did you log into Turbo Tax by going though an investment website like Fidelity? Those have been known to change your deposit to your investment account. So check all your accounts if you have those.

Thanks volvo girl. All my bad. Did not think of the clearing bank issue. Yes, I had changed my direct deposit info. TT worked flawlessly. Make sure check all your accounts (lessoned learned)

So did you find your refund?  

• Yep. Delivered on time and in full. Red Face emoji here 🙂
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies