turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Refund Advance

If you choose to receive a refund advance on a prepaid card, please be advised you will not have access to your funds until the card arrives in the mail. Contrary to the advertisement, you cannot access your funds temporarily online. You will need the card info before creating an account. I have spoken with several reps regarding this matter. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Turbo Refund Advance

Interesting...what about that was false?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Turbo Refund Advance

Telling me I will have access to use my card online within 48hrs of my return being accepted by the IRS, and then sending me an email stating I have been approved and can now access my funds immediately to use online until I receive my physical card in the mail, but then requiring me to have my card info to create the account is the false advertisement.  The rep told me she has spoken with her sup to resolve the matter. I think that is very misleading.

Turbo Refund Advance

There is a section right on the page that notifies you when you receive your advance.  Are your temporary card info. Although nobodies card is currently working.

Turbo Refund Advance

I completed my taxes on 1/29/20 and was approved for the advance and was give the 1/31/20 date for it. However, I have not received an acceptance email from the IRS. Now I am seeing all these horrible reviews and getting nervous. Why has the IRS not excepted my returns was something done wrong in transmit or does it show up all through the day? I already have temp card information. What's the hold-up? It is very early in the morning so I am going to check throughout the day I guess.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Refund Advance

In order to assist you further please advise. What is the status of your return? Accepted, Pending, etc

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies