turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Track my refund states topic 151 1242 code what's this mean turbo tax has yet to notify me off this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

88 Replies

Track my refund states topic 151 1242 code what's this mean turbo tax has yet to notify me off this?

I got the same thing exactly. Ive read around and the 151 means its being reviewed still and that you may owe something weather it be a student loan a traffic ticket etc.... The 1242 means they are going to need something from you like proof of a birth certificate on a dependent or foster care papers etc... They should send you a letter explaining. I havnt gotten a letter yet. Im hoping this can be fixed because i dont owe anything never have i believe its because i claimed my two foster children for the first time.

lajonnag

I have the same code but with no reference number. I received partial of my federal refund last night. I havent received no letters & i dont owe any offsets so idk if j should call at this point or what
jojomilo

You can call. They IRS may have made adjustments because you might of owed more taxes or a penalty for health insurance.

What day did you file and what day did the irs accepted you refund?
rjz1313

We also got the 1242 status code, we received a letter telling us to send in more proof of head of household, birth certificates for the kids, etc. We received back a tiny amount of money so we called to see why and was told to just wait for another letter in the mail. I don't know why either they never really said, so we're just waiting for that letter.

I have same message and l
henksal

tax code 151  1242  i spoke to someone she said cant give  me any information  then why irs made you call if they cant tell you any thing
flacco208

I sent in all the info requested then get a letter saying by 7/3/18 they should be done i got a tax advocate well see if we can speed it up
nickree17

Any updates
flacco208

Waiting

I have the same message but i received $41 of my refund have yet to receive a letter from the IRS

When i called to weeks ago they said i needed to fax my insurance info. this is kind of rediculous
hcvaughn1

Very I've been through the ringer this year with this insurance BS. Sad thing about it is that I had insurance from both of my employers the entire year and they still haven't sent my letter on what else they could possibly need. I'm done paying taxes
mbynoe

I sent in the requested information regarding my foster children (in April) and I received a letter stating that I should hear a response by October 24, 2018...smh
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies