turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal taxes were accepted on the same day I filed, but my state taxes are still pending.Should I be worried?

I e filed both my state and federal taxes on January 19th.  I'm in Connecticut and turbo tax said Connecticut started processing returns on the 22nd. So I'm wondering why mine are still pending. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
ModestaL

My federal taxes were accepted on the same day I filed, but my state taxes are still pending.Should I be worried?

Some states start processing e-filed returns at the same time as the IRS, while others don't start processing until sometime later. The IRS may have accepted your return but they don't start processing returns until January 29, 2018. It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after the federal return has already been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in January or early February. Sit tight and your state return will eventually move along in the queue.

Please click here to check your return status in TurboTax.

Please click here to check your state’s (Connecticut) website for return/refund status.

Mine still states started and my federal was accepted Jan 29.  The state revenue department advised there is no issue with electronic filing on their end.  I too was told to wait but how long??

Have either of yours been accepted yet?

Update: Mine are both now showing and accepted.

thank you for the update...mine are still not.  hoping soon

Nothing for me either yet. I’m in MA.

I filed on the 30th federal was accepted the next day my state is still pending as of 2/8/18

You should call. Mine ended up being accepted as soon as my federal was accepted.

They were accepted this morning finally
bird8989

My federal and state have been accepted since Feb 2nd 2018 and they still say processing???
ModestaL

@bird8989 please submit a new question and someone will be able to help you. This is an old thread.

Well I know for federal if you have the earned income credit or child credit they don’t process them until about the 15th. Idk about the state. Mine was accepted on the 29th of January and I already received I’m my state refund.
bird8989

I don't qualify for the earned income credit or the child credit and the IRS.gov site just keeps saying it's processing
Richieg

I filed my federal tax return on 05/01/2020 same day federal government mailed my stimulus check to an address I moved from a year ago based on my 2018 return.  Received my 2019 refund to bank account but can't get answers about stimulus check and post office says it will be returned.  How do i get my stimulus check 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies