turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyL

Can i get a refund advance

If you’re expecting a federal refund after completing your taxes with TurboTax, you may have the opportunity to apply for cash advance provided by First Century Bank, N.A. Member FDIC at the time you choose your refund method. The cash advance will be disbursed on a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC (First Century Bank, N.A. is not affiliated with Intuit or Green Dot Bank).

Cash advance is a loan based upon your refund and is not the refund itself. To apply for cash advance, you must e-file your taxes with TurboTax and select cash advance on a Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card for your disbursement method. Availability of the cash advance is subject to satisfaction of identity verification, certain security requirements, eligibility criteria, and underwriting standards.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

uptop222

THEY DO NOT!! DO NOT!! GIVE REFUND ADVANCES. FILE AT HR BLOCK.

Actually they do give refund advances. You must wait until the IRS process and accepts tax return after 01/28/2019. Ther is no way to approve advances as there is a change your return could be rejected. Once the return has been accepted refund advances will be available up to 7 hour after the return has been accepted

@uptop222...Do you work at H&R Block or something?
uptop222

No. But if I would have went there I would have had my money the same day. My tax return has been accepted by the IRS. January 28th is the first day the IRS is issuing refunds. There is NO advance refund!
ace292929

I think it's a scam as well to get you to use their card or something. I've been with Turbo tax for 4yrs and never had a problem with getting my refund and I was denied for the advance.
jaypeggs

Were did it give you the option for advance?  I have filed with them for 5 years myself and didn't see it.

I've been with Turbo Tax 8 years, and did not get the option to for the advance loan either.
jaypeggs

that sucks... were we supposed to apply for it before filing? Turbo tax need to fix that and stop false advertising.
ace292929

Before you submit your returns it asks you do you want the advance. It's crazy cause I've been searching the internet all day and no one has gotten approved for it.

They only give refund advance option to new turbo tax users. I was denied for an offset but when I called the Treasury Offset Program today the representative told me that I do not owe a debt and I DO NOT have an offset! this is a scam to get you to use the card. STAY AWAY FROM TURBO TAX AND THEIR HIDDEN FEES.
mrdj1998

This is not true this is my second year with Turbo Tax and I was offered the refund advance for $1000.00. I got it the next day in less than 24 hours. There is nothing wrong with Turbo tax maybe you just did not qualify for the advance!!!
uptop222

Then you are the only person that got a refund advance
mshassen7

I filled out my tax for, applied it got accepted and less than a hour later I got my email saying it was in my account, and it is I took a screenshot thinking I might have the option to show y'all but I don't, but you guys had me a little worried but now I'm happy, so it does work
mshassen7

All in one day too so that's awesome
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies