alliebrynp03

There is no way for me to call and talk to someone at the irs. I got a letter saying they needed a form for insurance so i sent that in mail and its been over 2 months qnd nothings been updated or sen

Texas Roger

The IRS closed regional offices near the beginning of March and has not processed any mailed documents since then. They have not indicated when offices will reopen so they can begin processing paper work again. Unfortunately you will not receive your refund until they process the missing insurance information. 

alliebrynp03

is the IRS stil closed or can i call or semd things in again and get my taxes figured out?

@alliebrynp03 wrote:

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Texas Roger

The IRS has limited phone support and is processing mailed return and other mail received. They have not indicated when they expect to get caught up processing mailings they have received. 

You can try calling using this information:

Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
Then press 4 for all other inquiries