hernan47

The State of Michigan says my refund was sent for direct deposit on 2/16/17, but I have not received it in my bank account and my bank has no notice of it on their end.

AvrilF

If you e-filed, start by checking your e-file status. Track your refund with the IRS Where's My Refund?.

It usually takes up to 21 days before a filer receives their refund. Everyone has a different tax situation and sometimes, this can affect refund timing. If 21 days has passed, contact the IRS at 1800-829-1040.

If there is no possibility of a hold through the IRS, contact your financial institution.

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until Feb. 15. This new law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC.

The IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit. This additional period is due to several factors, including banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits.