Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is Form IT-201? I have no idea if I need it for my 2016 TurboTax filing. Does Turbo Tax have a copy of my 2015 IT-201?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NiaW

What is Form IT-201? I have no idea if I need it for my 2016 TurboTax filing. Does Turbo Tax have a copy of my 2015 IT-201?

The IT-201 is a New York State income tax return form. If you are filing state taxes for New York this year, then yes you will need this form and you want to make sure that you fill it out entirely.

Turbo Tax would have a copy of your 2015 IT-201 only if you filed state taxes for the state of New York last year. In order to access previous years forms, you will need to :

1. Sign into Turbo Tax with the account information you used last year.
  2. Scroll down and click on 'Load My Tax Timeline'
  3. Select the year(s) you need and click 'Download/print return (PDF)'

If you used the Federal Free Edition of Turbo Tax last year, you may need to pay for PLUS benefits in order to access your prior returns. If you upgrade to PLUS, your information will automatically transfer over.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NiaW

The IT-201 is a New York State income tax return form. If you are filing state taxes for New York this year, then yes you will need this form and you want to make sure that you fill it out entirely.

Turbo Tax would have a copy of your 2015 IT-201 only if you filed state taxes for the state of New York last year. In order to access previous years forms, you will need to :

1. Sign into Turbo Tax with the account information you used last year.
  2. Scroll down and click on 'Load My Tax Timeline'
  3. Select the year(s) you need and click 'Download/print return (PDF)'

If you used the Federal Free Edition of Turbo Tax last year, you may need to pay for PLUS benefits in order to access your prior returns. If you upgrade to PLUS, your information will automatically transfer over.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies