turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS2Go app is not accepting my inflation so I cannot track my refund why is that

My information is not being accepted to track my refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
EdwardLO

The IRS2Go app is not accepting my inflation so I cannot track my refund why is that

#1-You should make sure that when it asks for the exact amount of your refund, that you enter the federal amount ONLY, not the total of federal and state both.

#2-Verify that your return was indeed accepted. You can do that below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

If everything is correct, the tracker will simply sometimes not show any information until your return is processed and there is an actual refund deposit date available. You can continue to check the tracker daily, or if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 and they can check on it for you.

Jasma1214

My Information is not working on irstogo app 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Verify that your return was accepted. Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to check your efile status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

Please make sure that when it asks for the exact amount of your refund, that you enter only the federal, amount not the total of federal and state.

If everything is correct, the tracker will simply sometimes not show any information until your return is processed and there is an actual refund deposit date available. You can continue to check the tracker daily, or if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 and they can check on it for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

mines is not working either and i’m entering everything correct 

Hkraus

Mine isn't working either. I've entered everything in correctly (just federal return amount) and it keeps saying that the information doesn't match???

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You want to make sure when it asks for the exact amount of your refund, that you enter the Federal amount only, not the total of federal and state both. Verify that your return was indeed accepted. The tracker sometimes may not show any information until your return is processed and there is an actual refund deposit date available. You can always track your e-file status and your refund using the link provided below:

Check e-file status

Mrata

GOOD to see I’m not the only one. They are probably down. Check Monday as they probably don’t track on weekends.

reginap55

Mine all the sudden says nothing matches either

@reginap55 wrote:

Mine all the sudden says nothing matches either

If you tried the WMR tool or IRS2GO app in the last couple hours, that system has been down for normal Monday morning maintenance. 

The IRS says their WMR system is not available every Monday from 12:00 am (Midnight) to 3:00 am Eastern Time

When it's back up again, here are some tips for using it:

Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after your efiled return was "accepted" before using the IRS WMR tool.

Log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure SSN and filing status are correct.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for a couple of users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

larryt340
Returning Member

I.m having the same problem

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@larryt340 Try checking your refund status by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954.  You can also refer to the response above, written by @mesquitebean.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies